BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 12, 2010

Furniture Transformations- Dining Table

I searched all over and we ended up getting this table from a lady on craigslist. We payed $300 and that included the table and 8 chairs.



Sanding down and getting rid of all the varnish was the hard part. We bought a rotary sander and used 120 grit sand paper. After a full day of sanding I was a little impatient and thought I got most of it off and started to stain using Minwax poly shade. I let it set for 3 days and the dang thing would never get dry. So I had to start the whole process again. Using a stripper this time and really making sure I got all the varnish and stain off I decided to stain the right way. I used Minwax again but the regular mahogany stain. Then I used Poly top coat. Tip- On the last layer of the brush on top coat. Use 600 grit wet sand paper on the surface and then finish it off with a spray can of poly. This will eliminate any bumps.





Here is the finished product! And do you remember the mirror that was Gold to White? Well here it is Black matching the table.

2 comments:

Jessica and Todd said...

test

Lamb4Liz said...

The only thing your dining room needs is a plate of paella!