BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hanging Curtains

There is nothing better in a room then ceiling to floor curtains. At first I had these curtain rods that were small and kinda cheap. And when I hung them it just did not fit the heavy curtains and the large living room. So quoted from Todd "Go big or go home." I was really excited to hang the curtains because they took me forever to sew. So we rushed over to Lowes and bought really thick wooden rods.
(notice Lo who is by the way NOT allowed on the couches!)

When hanging curtains, floor to ceiling always looks great but it depends on your window. I think if our window was a little higher on the wall it would have worked or if we had molding to off set the space. If you have similar windows to ours it looks good about 1' above the window and 1' out. This will give an illusion that you have higher ceilings and wider windows!

The curtain fabric I chose is very casual, but to juxtapose that I left about 1' extra to puddle on the floor for a more formal look.

0 comments: